To be honest, I don’t much like rules. My only hard and fast rule is that people can’t use the hot tub when there’s lightening. Other than that I only hope that we can share this space in harmony and well-being.
However, we do have some policies so that our inn can appropriately serve our many guests:
- No smoking. We are sorry but for the comfort and well-being of guests the smoking of tobacco products is not allowed at the Tucker Inn. Tobacco may not be smoked in the rooms or public areas. If despite this gentle but firm plea a guest smokes in the room, the guest will be charged a $250/day room restoration fee. We don’t want to charge you; please don’t do it.
- Deposits. We do ask for a 50% deposit at the time of reservation. If we receive 21 days notice, we will refund the deposit minus a 10% servicing fee. If we receive less than the required notice, we will refund the deposit provided we are able to re-rent the room for the entire period reserved. If we receive less than 7 days notice, the guest will be responsible for the entire charge for the reserved period.
- Payments. We accept cash and MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express.
- Parking. We are pleased to offer onsite parking for our guests. We ask that guests be considerate and park only within the marked parking spaces so that we can accommodate as many guest vehicles as possible. Please let us know in advance if you have a large vehicle/pick-up truck. Because of space limitations we are only able to accept one vehicle for each room. And please note that while we do our best to provide parking for all our guests, we may not always be able to guarantee space on our lot.
- Pets. We are happy to welcome well-behaved pets. There is a $20/day surcharge for pet visitors. Well socialized pups are welcome to visit with guests in our gardens. We do ask that pet parents be mindful that their fur babies may bark when alone in a strange surrounding. Please be mindful that other guests will not be pleased by this. Please do not leave your baby unattended if doing so will inconvenience others.
- Minimum stays. We have an extremely short season here in Provincetown. In order to be viable as a business we have to establish minimum stays over peak periods and weekends. We do understand that minimum stays are problematic for many guests and try as hard as we can to be flexible while maintaining sufficient occupancy to be viable. We generally try to avoid Saturday only stays in the off-season and weekend-only stays in peak season. At peak times like Fourth of July, Bear Week, Carnival, Labor Day, we seek longer minimum stays. Always feel free to call or email us if our on-line system gives you a ‘minimum stay’ message. We want you to stay here.
- Check-in, Check-out. Check-in is 3:00 pm. If you know your expected arrival time please let us know. We will accommodate early check-ins based on room availability. Check-out is 11:30. Guests must remove their car at checkout.